Whether you’re a manufacturer who need borates as ingredients in a product or process, or a distributor looking for the best products to deliver to your customers, how do you decide which borate suppliers to work with? The benefits of using a reliable partner are clear.
Adding up cost factors
Of course, cost is a major consideration. But cost is more than pricing. For example, a cheaper but less effective product can end up being exponentially more expensive than high-quality one with a higher initial price. When calculating costs, consider these factors:
- Quality of the boron product, which can significantly affect the end results
- Research, technical, and advisory support around the applications of boron and borates
- Global supply chain reliability
- Product stewardship and environmental responsibility
- Quality of customer service and sales support
- Initial price
Sufficient support and assistance during evaluation, sales, delivery, and beyond can make the difference between a successful product and happy consumer or subpar results. That’s why as a global supplier of borates, U.S. Borax—part of Rio Tinto—maintains dedicated sales and customer service hubs to meet the needs of manufacturers and distributors in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and EIMEA regions.
U.S. Borax is dedicated to customer satisfaction
For U.S. Borax customers in the Americas, we have separate regional teams to address diverse needs across four regions:
- Eastern United States
- Midwest and Western United States
- Mexico, Central America, and South America
Dedicated representatives also serve specific accounts across North America. To ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible, we create detailed customer profiles. Managed via our secure system and accessible only by qualified personnel, these profiles contain detailed notes on your specific requirements, orders, and preferences, so that our services can be tailored to your individual needs.
Our customer service team members understand the business of borates—but their expertise goes much deeper. Many of them also have dedicated customer service experience from manufacturing environments, as well as college degrees (including MBAs). As such, we understand what manufacturers and businesses need from suppliers.
Our focus is always on the customer and ensuring your satisfaction. You can expect to:
- Work with local representatives fluent in English, Spanish, and Portuguese, based on your region
- Get fast responses to your initial inquiries and extensive pre-sales support, including help with formulaic development and applications of boron
- Enjoy one-on-one technical support as needed, backed by decades of technical, institutional, and geographic expertise, including in-depth knowledge of borate science
- Access global sampling and test data as well as extensive instructions for handling, shipping, packaging, and storing borates
- Receive on-time, in-full delivery of the right product for your specific needs
- Optimize efficiency and traceability with our extensive warehouse network and transparent supply chain
- Receive post-sales technical and scientific support, including information about health and safety and borate best practices
The 20 Mule Team® advantage
Going above and beyond to deliver satisfaction is business as usual at U.S. Borax. Resolving unexpected or unusual requests is our specialty.
Our motivation is knowing that we’ve assisted a customer in resolving an issue that is important to them. It’s why we enjoy what we do each day.
For example, recently a customer found themselves short on 20 Mule Team
Borax product in the midst of a production run. Customer service sprang into action, working with the customer to expedite additional materials in time to prevent a potentially costly shutdown. It’s just one illustration of the total value you receive when working with U.S. Borax.
Have questions about our North American (or other regional) customer service? Contact us any time