When we talk to people about their aspirations, we often hear them say, “I want to make a difference.” At U.S. Borax, we understand that drive to help. It’s at the core of our mission to provide the essential elements of modern living. We also believe that often, the most important change starts right where we live.
That’s why we established the Borax Visitor Center Foundation grant program in 1998. Since then, the Foundation has returned more than $300,000—including nearly $100,000 in scholarships—to the communities near our mine operations in Boron, California.
Applications for 2020 grants are being accepted now.
Here is what you need to know to apply
Are you part of an organization that focuses on one of these areas?
- Health and human services
- Community improvement
- Historic preservation
Your community project or operational need may be eligible for grant assistance if your organization is:
- A government entity (such as a school) or non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) as defined by the Internal Revenue Service
- Located and providing services in these local communities:
- Desert Lake
- North Edwards
- Aerial Acres
- Kramer Junction
- NOT a religious, political, or fraternal organization
The Borax Visitor Center Foundation—made up of company and community leaders who live and work here—oversees the disbursement of Visitor Center funds through this annual grant program.
How will you make a difference?
Over the past two decades, we’ve been proud to support organizations that aim to positively impact our communities in a variety of ways.
Is your dream to provide a program or service such as:
- Helping kids build strength, character, and teamwork through athletics?
- Ensuring the health and safety of our older citizens?
- Giving students an opportunity to learn through new experiences?
- Or even bringing community members together to share conversation over a meal?
Maybe your dream is simply to keep an existing program going—and growing—by making sure it has sufficient operating funds.
We know that the right support can go a long way in making those kinds of programs come to life. And we’ve seen first-hand how much community-focused work like yours matters to the individuals you serve. We look forward to hearing from you!
If your organization is eligible, submit your application on or before MARCH 31, 2020 here: www.borax.com/contact/grant-application