What is the freight class for borates?
The freight class for borates is 85.
What are my freight options?
U.S. Borax offers three methods of freight:
- U.S. Borax arranged freight (full truck loads using U.S. Borax’s third party logistics company)
- Customer pick up which includes less than truckloads (LTL) shipments
- U.S. Borax LTL, note subject a $250 surcharge and freight and fuel charges apply
Can U.S. Borax call my carrier and set up the freight?
Can U.S. Borax set up my less than truckload (LTL) order with my special carrier?
No. U.S. Borax does not set up and arrange freight through a customer’s carrier. U.S. Borax will provide all necessary pick up information; but for liability reasons, customers must arrange pick up with their own LTL carrier.
If I want just one pallet, what is the less than truckload (LTL) price and are there extra charges?
LTL quantities may be available at our discretion subject to a $250 surcharge. Additional charges, such as the cost of the LTL freight charges, will be added to the order.
Orders must contain at least one pallet.
What are the freight charges?
There are three shipping terms that are discussed with your regional sales manager prior to purchase order (PO) placement:
- Collect: Freight is not on the U.S. Borax invoice. The freight invoice is sent directly to you by U.S. Borax’s third party logistics company.
- Prepaid and charged: U.S. Borax will include the appropriate freight charge on your invoice
- Prepaid: Please contact your regional sales manager
Why can U.S. Borax only ship 42,500 lbs from California?
That is the maximum allowable freight load for the state of California.
How do I know what date my order is shipping?
The ship date is located in the upper right had corner in the “boxed” area. Please contact customer service if you need assistance locating this date.