Every year, the U.S. Borax Visitor Center Foundation
awards grants to local nonprofits and scholarships to graduating seniors in our community. Although we were unable to present prizes during our traditional luncheon due to COVID-19, we are still proud to have been able to honor the hard work these organizations and individuals have accomplished this year.
For the first time since the inception of the scholarship program, we were able to give awards to ALL
of the applicants. Congratulations to the amazing class of 2020 for inspiring academic scholarship under unprecedented circumstances.
Grant winners were:
- 20 Mule Team Museum for exterior restoration
- Boron Alive for the annual community Trunk or Treat Halloween celebration and the annual Thanksgiving dinner
- Boron Junior-Senior High School for honor roll field trips and college book scholarship fund
- Boron Little League for operations and to install a scoreboard on the girls’ softball field
- Boron Senior Center for a new stove and oven
- Reggie’s Kicks for Kids for to buy shoes and athletic equipment
- Wind in the Willows Preschool for their family sponsorship fund
The Foundation reviews eligible grant applications from the local California communities of Boron, North Edwards, and Kramer Junction. Founded in 1998, the Foundation is funded through company contributions, employee payroll donations, and the proceeds from gift store sales and visitor center